Why Choosing a Working Holiday Visa?



If you are a young traveler who is looking for a long holiday in Australia, then a working holiday subclass 417 visa is for you. It will give you the advantage of limited work along with study rights.

When you are the holder of this visa, you can stay in Australia for a year and can apply for another Working Holiday visa to stay one more year. It is also possible for you to get a third year stay if you are doing a specified work and meet all the prescribed requirements. Let`s see what you need to get a first year Working Holiday subclass 417 visa.
First of all, you need to hold an eligible passport. Your age must be from 18 to 30 years. If you are a citizen of Ireland or Canada, though, the age limit goes up to 35. Your intention must be a temporary stay in Australia which means that your initial aim must be a holiday. You must also show that you have enough money to cover your expenses during the first 3 months, that is at least $5,000, and for your return ticket. There must also be a prospect that you will find a job in Australia.

A good immigration record and health and personality criteria are also important.

Why choosing a working holiday visa?

What is the process for a Working Holiday subclass 417 visa like?
Online application is possible. You are to attach all the required documents. The fee is $450 and you pay it when submitting the application. If you are doing it for the 1st time, then you are to be outside the country, but if it is for your 2nd or 3rd year, then you can be either outside or in Australia.

You have to mind that in case of applying for a 2nd year, you are to show that you have had a paid work in Australia for minimum 3 months (88 calendar days) when you were the owner of Working Holiday subclass 417 visa. You need also to continue holding an eligible passport and be inside the mentioned age limit.

Qualifying for a third-year visa.
The main factor here is a completed 6 months job in Australia during your 2nd stay with this visa.

What can I do if I am a holder of a Working Holiday subclass 417 visa?
It is possible for you to work for one and the same employer for up to 6 months on each of Working Holiday visas. Not long ago they have announced changes, due to which the period will be 12 months now, if you are doing agricultural work. You may also study or get some training for 4 months on each of the visas. You are allowed to travel wherever you want in Australia and you can live and work anywhere.

Is it possible to bring family?
Unfortunately, it is not possible. If your family members want to travel to Australia, they have to apply separately. You are not allowed to bring any of them, even a spouse or dependent children.